Senior Python Engineer
Waverley Software is looking for a very strong Python Engineer who would love to work with an exciting social robotics company creating the world’s first family robot. You’ll work with a team in Ukraine and the US to make an impact on the development of the robot infrastructure. In 2017 this robot was recognized as the best invention of the year according to the TIME magazine.
About Our Client
Our client is a Silicon Valley-based robotics startup developing the cutest ever family robot. This robot is not only a helpful assistant, it’s a companion, one that can interact with its human owners reacting in ways that delight. Read more about the project in this case study.
- Establish and drive yield enhancement, test time reduction and quality improvement programs for electronic and mechanical parts making up the social robot.
- Compile internal and contract manufacturer notes of test plan from various sources and create a cohesive set of test documentation.
- Add new tests and expand the existing manufacturing test suite.
- Review recorded test data and check for completeness and accuracy.
- Devise and maintain code deployment system.
- Related Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent through experience and professional qualifications).
- Previous test development experience.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of test platform development using Python plus hardware and software test tools.
- Abilities of cross-team collaboration with design engineers, product engineers and QA to ensure that the production test platform will meet current and future production test requirements.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas.
- Successful deployment of scalable solutions to production.
- Use of Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Linux scripting languages and desire to automate routine operations.
- Scripting in Python
- Experience working on board-level, subassembly and finished goods test stations
- A good general knowledge of PC systems using Windows and Linux
- Electronics hardware knowledge is a strong plus
- Experience in working as a part of the team
- Experience with embedded software (testing or development)
- Good documentation and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
If you want to contribute to the cutting edge of Silicon Valley software development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org